From: DNK on
Hi there,

I have been googling all morning, and have thus far not come up with a solution...

Server:

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

samba-common-3.0.33-3.28.el5
samba-3.0.33-3.28.el5
samba-client-3.0.33-3.28.el5

Client:
OS X 10.6.3 (Build 10D578)
All patches are applied.

SMB CONF:

# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = WRKGRP
netbios name = Boleo
server string = (%L)
wins support = Yes
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
passdb backend = tdbsam
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -A %u %g
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/groupmod -R %u %g
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /var/lib/nobody %u
# Note: The following specifies the default logon script.
# Per user logon scripts can be specified in the user account using pdbedit
logon script = %U.bat
# This sets the default profile path. Set per user paths with pdbedit
logon path =
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U
domain logons = Yes
os level = 35
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
idmap uid = 15000-20000
idmap gid = 15000-20000

#mac hacks
follow symlinks = yes
unix extensions = no
veto files = /.DS_Store/._.*/DesktopFolderDB/Network Trash Folder/resource.frk/TheFindByContentFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/
delete veto files = true
hide dot files = yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
read only = No
browseable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /shares/netlogon
admin users = root
guest ok = Yes
browseable = No

[myshare]
comment = Share for the users in the myshare group
path = /shares/myshare
users = @ myshare
force group = myshare
create mask = 0660
directory mask = 0771
writeable = yes

Now when I access the shares from the OS X Client, I can see everything at the top level, but when i drill in even 1 level deeper, I can not see any files or folders. I can see an indicator that the folder is still trying to be accessed. On my win clients, there are no issues.

If I drill down to a deeper folder directly (IE access with smb://192.168.95.1/myshare/Docs, instead of smb://192.168.95.1/mysahre and clicking into the "Docs" folder), I can then see the files and folders at that level, but again I can not drill deeper.

Ideas?

Thank you.

DNK