From: Steve Thompson on
Samba 3.x.y (various) on CentOS 5.4 x86_64 with the ldapsam backend; one
PDC, two BDC's and about a dozen member servers. The configuration file on
each of course specifies the "ldap admin dn" and each system has the
associated password specified with "smbpasswd -w". Question is: how often
is the ldap admin actually used for anything, such that if I change the
real password associated with the account, how much grace do I get before
I have the run "smbpasswd -w" on each member server, all without
restarting smb?

-steve