From: Blank, John on
I'm new to SAMBA, so I apologize up front if I ask a dumb question! We upgraded from solaris 8 (samba2.2.8a) to solaris 10 and installed samba 3.2.4. When user tried to use samba, they got "Failed to open /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.tdb". I thought maybe the file just needed to be there, so I touched the new file into existence, and then they got this error: "ERROR: Unable to fetch machine password for DLEL70$@ in domain". The previous installation of 2.2.8a on solaris 8 did not get these errors, and the /usr/local/samba/private directory was empty as well. Is there a way around this? Is there a parameter I need to set? Thanks!