From: Phill Edwards on
I am running Samba 3.0.33 on a linux box on my home office LAN.

smb.conf has this share set up:

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = yes
read only = no
writable = yes
create mode = 0750

For each person in the house we map drives in their Windows 7 PCs to
the appropriate share name - eg \\server\mum, \\server\dad,
\\server\child1 etc

The problem I have is that I now need access to some of my wife's
folders, but when I try to map a drive in Windows 7 to \\server\mum I
get this error:

The network folder specified is currently mapped using a
different user name and password.
To connect using a different user name and password, first
disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.

How should I set things up on the Samba server to be able to do this?