From: John Drescher on
On 26 March 2010 15:44, John Drescher <drescherjm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a way to synch multiple servers at once so when one is changed,
>>> samba updates all the other servers at the same time automatically?
>>>

>> Do you mean sync account information (e.g. if you want multiple domain
>> controllers) or changes in the files stored on the server?    For multiple
>> domain controllers LDAP backend is the way to go.  If you want to sync files
>> you could use rsync and have a cron job -  I don't know how you could have a
>> trigger though.
>
> The OP was talking about files. I suggested a network raid 1 type
> setup with DRBD but forgot that that would not work unless you
> combined that with GFS or OCFS2. I had thought about the rsync (or
> even unison) solution but it depends on how much time can elapse
> between the file changing on one server and that change appearing on
> the others.

How about something with rsync and inotify?  A program could use
inotify to watch for changes, queue up the changed files and call
rsync on the files in the queue.  If a file is changed more than once
before being copied the first time, the other entries in the queue
could be skipped.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>

--