From: David Roid on
Hello list,

I noticed that connections from the same client to different shares have got
the same pid on samba server, please refer to the out put below:

# net status shares
Service pid machine Connected at
foo 1751 realone Thu Aug 12 07:38:49 2010
bar 1751 realone Thu Aug 12 07:39:10 2010

It seems there is no way to close session(s) to a specify share, without
hurting other stuff:

1. "kill -9" obvious is not an option, it will kill everything of that pid.
2. "net rap session close <client>", it accepts an argument specifying the
client name. In this case I still lose both sessions.

What I need here is a way to close sessions, no matter where they are from,
to a specific share; is there a fine grained command to do this?

Bests
David