From: Diego Lima on
Hi Dimitri,

You probably want to enable the PAM module responsible for this. Back
up and edit your /etc/pam.d/system-auth and add the following line:

session required pam_oddjob_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

Note: Messing with your pam config may lock you out of the system, so
be careful.

2010/6/9 Dimitri Yioulos <dyioulos(a)firstbhph.com>:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'm working on a project to create a Samba PDC
> with LDAP authentication.  I've been pretty
> successful in getting everything to work.
> However, I've run into a small snag:
>
> The PDC is built on an OpenSuse 11.2 box.  Most of
> the member servers are also OpenSuse 11.2 boxes.
> However, a CentOS 5.5 server was just added to
> the mix.  While users can lo into the CentOS box,
> with LDAP providing the creds, no home directory
> is automagically created as in the OpenSuse
> boxes.  I'd like to fix that, with your help.
>
> I've used authconfig-tui on the CentOS box to
> enable "Use LDAP" and "Use LDAP Authentication"
> (the equivalent of YAST's LDAP Client config
> tool?).  I believe my smb.conf and ldap.conf
> files are correct (I'll provide them if you all
> need to see them).  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dimitri

> believed to be clean.

Diego Lima

<dyioulos(a)firstbhph.com>:
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > I'm working on a project to create a Samba
> > PDC with LDAP authentication.  I've been
> > pretty successful in getting everything to
> > work. However, I've run into a small snag:
> >
> > The PDC is built on an OpenSuse 11.2 box.
> >  Most of the member servers are also OpenSuse
> > 11.2 boxes. However, a CentOS 5.5 server was
> > just added to the mix.  While users can lo
> > into the CentOS box, with LDAP providing the
> > creds, no home directory is automagically
> > created as in the OpenSuse boxes.  I'd like
> > to fix that, with your help.
> >
> > I've used authconfig-tui on the CentOS box to
> > enable "Use LDAP" and "Use LDAP
> > Authentication" (the equivalent of YAST's
> > LDAP Client config tool?).  I believe my
> > smb.conf and ldap.conf files are correct
> > (I'll provide them if you all need to see
> > them).  Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dimitri
> >
> > --
> > believed to be clean.
> >
> > --
> > following URL and read the instructions:
> >  https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samb

> Diego Lima

Diego,

That worked perfectly! I used pam_mkhomedir.so,
though, as this is a 32-bit system.

Thank you.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.

Hi, all.

I'm working on a project to create a Samba PDC
with LDAP authentication. I've been pretty
successful in getting everything to work.
However, I've run into a small snag:

The PDC is built on an OpenSuse 11.2 box. Most of
the member servers are also OpenSuse 11.2 boxes.
However, a CentOS 5.5 server was just added to
the mix. While users can lo into the CentOS box,
with LDAP providing the creds, no home directory
is automagically created as in the OpenSuse
boxes. I'd like to fix that, with your help.

I've used authconfig-tui on the CentOS box to
enable "Use LDAP" and "Use LDAP Authentication"
(the equivalent of YAST's LDAP Client config
tool?). I believe my smb.conf and ldap.conf
files are correct (I'll provide them if you all
need to see them). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dimitri

--------------------------------------

To avoid messing with PAM, you can also do something like

root preexec=/data/Backup/createhomes.sh %D %S

in your smb.conf and the file "createhomes.sh" looks something like

#!/bin/bash

if [ ! -d /data/homes/$1/$2 ]; then
mkdir /data/homes/$1/$2
chmod g+s /data/homes/$1/$2
chown $2:"domain admins" /data/homes/$1/$2
chmod 770 /data/homes/$1/$2
/usr/bin/setfacl -m g:"domain admins":rwx /data/homes/$1/$2
/usr/bin/setfacl -m u:"$2":rwx /data/homes/$1/$2
/usr/bin/setfacl -m g:"domain users":000 /data/homes/$1/$2
fi
exit 0

-=Andrew