From: Jake Carroll on
Hi all.

Just looking for some guidance as to what works, and what doesn't.

Recently I've noticed that no matter what I do, I can't seem to get NTLMv2 to negotiate using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6.x against Solaris 10 Samba 3.0.37.

If I 'tune' the client OS that it only negotiates with NTLMv1, all is well. In my global block, on the Solaris Samba server, I have:

[global]
client lanman auth=no
client ntlmv2 auth=yes
ntlm auth = no

Now, I'd have thought that this would be enough to make NTLMv2 work along it's merry way - but apparently not. Whenever I attempt to connect and negotiate using NTLMv2, the client OS is given a generic 'incorrect username or password' response.

So - the question. Does 3.0.37 actually even support NTLMv2? Am I doing something wrong in trying to turn it 'on'? Sun aren't talking, but I'm sure somebody here would know the history behind this...

Thanks all.

JC