From: Åke Holmlund on
Hello!

I'm trying to install (using the "Add printer" wizard on a client) a
Postscript driver for a Sharp MX-5001N multifunction copier/printer/etc
machine to a Samba print$ share. The installation seems go ok but when I
try to access the printer properties I get a dialog box stating that "...
printer driver is not installed on this computer... Do You want to
install the driver now?" The same thing happens when I try to install the
drivers from the server on another client.

I do NOT want to install the drivers locally on all the clients...

Is there a way around this problem?

We are using Samba 3.4.4 on Sun Solaris 10. We are not using Cups. I have
tried to install the driver from Win 2003 server and Win XP.

Thank You!

---
Åke Holmlund
Umeå University