From: Mark A Framness on
Greetings,

I set up a Slackware 13 filer server running Samba 3.2.13.

There is an application with the server running on XP pro and two
clients running on Win7 machines. The server and the clients all use the
same ID which I can use to access the target share to read and write
files. Problem being, when the application client is trying to rewrite
application files the changes do not get saved. I turned up the logging
to level 3 and see the particular userid opening files (Read: Yes,
Write: No) but it appears that is the initial read, since when
reading/writing TXT files I see the same entries and no log entries
calling for a file write.

Any ideas on what may be going on?
Thanks
Mark

1 Log entry:
application opened file Archives/Archive/Title
File/00/00/00/0000008E.PDF read=Yes write=No (numopen=1)

config file:

[global]
workgroup = bizworkgrp
interfaces = 192.168.1.200