From: Viatte Frédéric on
Because the realm of the HOWTO shows that it is necessary to use the complete name of the server it is false?

I have put:

- Realm=serveur-tpi.domaine.ch

And

- Domain=domaine.ch (I am to oblige to put it otherwise I cannot join any more the domain with a client)

And afterward, I changed the name of NetBIOS in the file " smb.conf " and I put "Samba".

Here is the named.conf which comes from the directory " / etc. / "

Thank you
De : Michael Wood [esiotrot(a)gmail.com]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 19 mai 2010 14:07
À : Viatte Frédéric
Cc : samba(a)lists.samba.org
Objet : Re: RE : [Samba] RE : RE : Example of command ". / Setup / provision"

Hi

2010/5/19 Viatte Frédéric <Frederic.Viatte(a)rpn.ch>:
> [...]

It seems you are still using "SERVEUR-TPI.DOMAINE.CH" as your realm
and DNS domain. Why not just "DOMAIN.CH"?

Otherwise there seems to be nothing wrong with the named.conf you attached.

What does your /etc/named.conf file look like?

(On Ubuntu it's /etc/bind/named.conf instead of /etc/named.conf.)

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot(a)gmail.com>