From: Nick Pappin on
Hey Everyone,
So here is what is going on I have two computers on the same network
that are both connected to the PDC of a samba domain (on the same network
segment):

| |

| |
_________
_________ ______
| comp1 | | comp2 |
| PDC |
---------------

Now when i try to connect to the registry of comp1 from comp2 I get an error
saying i don't have permission to connect using the domain administrator
account. This also coincides with a name mismatch error:

[2009/12/08 16:10:43, 0] lib/util_sock.c:matchname(1721)
matchname: host name/name mismatch: FOO != FOO.bar.com

Could this be causing my problem and how should I troubleshoot this problem.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick