From: Wikked one on

Hi List,

I’ve
got a tricky task set out for me. We’re
using CentOS 4.8 as a Samba Domain Controller (3.0.33) yes I know it’s
ancient,but it’s solid. I need to update this to a version that will support
Windows7 work stations using domain security. I’m pretty sure I can bring the
Samba versions up to 3.3.12 (I’ll be performing the task on a virtual machine
as a test) but here’s my question. In the past concerning a domain controller I’ve
noticed that it takes a substaintial period of time for the domain to recognize
the freshly built domain controller. Is
there something that I can do to decrease this time?

Thanks!