From: Fabiano Martins on
Hi all!

I have a problem here that's driving me crazy.

Samba is implemented with LDAP and I turned on the acl and user_xattr
options on filesystem to suppoort NTFS ACLs.

The problem is: Let's get 2 different users, A and B, both are "Domain
Admins" members and just B is listed on "admin users" option on
smb.conf.

Logged in with user A, I can change the permissions from "Domain
users" group perfectly and the folders created under any share, seems
to enherite the permissions correctly. But logged in with user B there
are strange thing occurring.

The first one is that a folder created under any share with user B
show a different default permissions enherit from parent folder.

The other is when I remove the inherit from that created folder, and
try to remove "Domain Users" permissions, for exemple, the default
permissions that was Read & Execute, enhirited from parent folder, get
back.

I'm using the following:

Samba version is samba-3.0.33-3.15.el5_4
OS is CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
Kernel is 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5

Regards,

Fabiano Martins