From: Joel Therrien on
Hi All,

After running into a few issues in trying to join my debian
(squeeze) box to
a windows 2008 server, I am running into this (hopefully last) problem...

When I try to do te net join command, I get the following

> nanoelecfs:/home/joel# net join ads -S XX.XX.XX.XX dn
> 'DC=FS,DC=UML,DC=EDU' -U USERNAME
> Enter EEng_LDAP's password:
> [2010/02/10 15:20:10, 0] libads/sasl.c:819(ads_sasl_spnego_bind)
> kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Server not
> found in Kerberos database
> Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Server not found in
> Kerberos database
> ADS join did not work, falling back to RPC...
> Enter USERNAME's password:
> Could not connect to server XX.XX.XX.XX
> Connection failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

I have the following debain package installed for samba (2:3.4.5~dfsg-1)

on top of this, I have no idea why I need to specify the domain path
as well as the specific IP address of the server. But without those, I don't
even get this far... not specifying the server specifically results in a
"can't
find domain controller". And if it matters, yes, the DNS I use is actually
the same machine as the domain controller I am trying to connect to.

Well, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Joel Therrien

--
Asst. Prof. Joel M. Therrien
Ph: 978-934-3324