From: Adrian Levi on
I have setup a Samba PDC Version 3.4.3 under Debian.

I have read the TOSHARG and By Example chapters regarding domain
logins as well as anything else I could find.

The machines (seem) to join the domain successfully but when the
machines requre a domain administrator account privilege escalation
fails.
The Win7 machine fails with the message "The machine trust account failed"

I suspect the problem lies with the domain setup on the PDC but I am
unable to trouble shoot further on my own.

Another thing to note is that there is no ADMIN$ IPC share on the
server and I am unable to find information regarding when it should be
present or not.

It is worth noting that the server otherwise works as a workgroup server.

Please suggest any information that would be useful to troubleshoot further.

Yours humbly,

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.