From: Max León on
Hello everyone,
I need some collective wisdom, I have recently start using NetBSD and
works quite well on everything but with Samba.

I have played with the smb.conf to try to improve performance but to no
avail.

The setup is fairly simple.
Here is my smb.conf

[global]
workgroup=HOME
netbios aliases = MEDIALAB
security = user
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
use sendfile = true
local master = yes
os level = 33
wins support = yes
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
writable = yes
[musica]
comment= Musica para alegrar la vida
path = /media/external/Multimedia/Musica
public = no
writable = no
write list = @wheel
browsable = yes

[peliculas]
comment= Algunas pelis para entretenerse
path = /media/external/Multimedia/Peliculas
public = no
writable = no
write list = @wheel
browsable = yes

The problem is that I cannot get not even 1Mbps, while on the exact same
environment with CentOS 5 I was getting over the Wireless G 48Mbps.

Any ideas on how I might improve performance?, I tried already the
NetBSD user mail list to no avail.

Thanks in advanced.