From: Hans du Plooy on
Hi guys,

Setup is as follows:
SUSE 9.3 with all patches applied
samba-3.0.13-1.1
kernel-default-2.6.11.4-21.11

Network card is:
Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5701 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 15)
using the tg3 driver.

>From time to time I see this in my log.smbd:

[2006/03/23 01:03:57, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(384)
read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

When this is logged any transfers get interrupted, and I can momentarily
not connect to any shares.

Is this a software or hardware issue? I'm not sure where to start
looking. I left an scp operation on overnight to see if that gets
interrupted too. Unfortunately the file that needs to get shipped
accross is 80gb and the scp happens between a 1.6 P4 and a 2.0 Xeon -
not the fastest pair. Will see what it does.

Thanks
Hans