From: Henri Cook on
Hi all,

I've just managed to upgrade to Samba 3.3 and am pretty ecstatic about
finding i can now use FileSystemWatcher to watch for file changes in a
directory. On a Windows system however, when I say 'watch $dir' with
watchsubdirectories == true and $dir/a/file.jpg is changed, I get a
filechanged notification - on Samba 3.3 this doesn't happen - does
anyone know if it's a bug that was fixed, or something that's not being
approached?

I do get notifications for files in $dir with the above example. Is
there anyway I can watch for changes in $dir/a/ $dir/b/ etc with my .NET
program?

References for these filesystem-level onchange events:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-February/117361.html - Back in
2006 was when the first support for these events was implemented, i'm
really wondering whether anyone knows if it's come any further than this
- or whether it's a bug that's looking to be fixed, or whether it's
simply never going to make it into Samba?

Thanks in advance, first post to the list - whoop!

Henri