From: Johan Meiring on
Hi,

I have the following setup.

Office A - Windows 2003 DC
Office B - Samba 3.4.5 domain member

I want users in Office B to still be able to access files on the Samba
domain member when the link between Office A and Office B does down.

I have enabled "winbind offline logon".

If I now break the link between Office A and Office B. All work as
expected. (I did not test longer than 5 minutes, dont know if "winbind
cache time" will come in to play).

But if a workstation in Office B then logs off, and logs back on, they
cannot access shares on the Samba Domain Member anymore.

I realise that "winbind offline logon" mentions that it is for local pam
logons to the Samba Server itself.

Is there any other way to allow cached access to shares on the Samba server
in Office B?

--

Johan Meiring
Cape PC Services CC