From: Timothy Johnson on
I thought I had setup winbind correctly as I can login to my ubuntu
9.04 machine with domain users, but I am trying to get ntlm working
with squid, and while testing winbind I get the following error.

sudo wbinfo -a MBAG\\user%passwd
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user MBAG\user%passwd with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error messsage was: No such user
Could not authenticate user MBAG\user with challenge/response

I can do wbinfo -u and -g and get a list of my users and groups in the
domain. I have checked my winbind log, but the only thing I found
seems to be common after doing some searching on the inet.

[2010/05/06 18:01:55, 1]
rpc_client/cli_pipe.c:948(cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu)
cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu: RPC fault code
DCERPC_FAULT_OP_RNG_ERROR received from host MOSSPDC1!

Where should I be looking for the problem?