From: Duffey, Blake A. on
Here is our configuration - we have a Windows 2003 domain I'll call
'corporate' and a Windows 2008 domain I'll call 'lab'. There is a
one-way trust (users can log into 'lab' machines using 'corporate'
creds). We have a linux box running samba that is a member of 'lab'.
Users log into their Windows machines using a 'corporate' credential and
can seamlessly get to samba.

Yesterday I upgraded 'lab' to Windows 2008R2 - and things blew up from
there.

Users are prompted to authenticate when connecting to the samba system,
and the server log shows NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

To resolve, we've removed/re-joined to the domain and upgraded to samba
3.5.2

If I log into a lab system with a lab ID, I can get to samba.

But nothing from the trusted domain works.

Any insight greatly appreciated.