From: Allison Jones on
I'm getting ready to migrate my office of 50+ Windows XP machines to
Windows 7, in a mix of 64-bit and 32-bit clients. I've setup a new
samba server on a separate domain to prepare and test for this
transition. I've gotten everything to work so far except for printing,
and I'm at a loss on how to proceed. It appears to me as if adding the
printer drivers in the usual way, via cupsaddsmb will not work for the
64-bit clients (see http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L376 and
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2566). I've searched for a solution, and
asked on IRC.

My goal is to be able to print with 64-bit Windows 7 to a samba/cups
server, with automatic printer driver download. If cupsaddsmb is not
the answer, what is?

Thanks,

Allison

--
Allison Jones E-mail: ajones(a)answers4families.org
IT Administrator Phone: (402)472-0458