From: Justin Brinegar on
Hello,

I'm migrating from Samba 3.0.24 to 3.4.3 to add support for Windows 7 on
my print server. I've kept the smb.conf essentially the same, changing
only the directives corresponding to Kerberos authentication as changed
in the 3.4 series. Please see http://pastebin.com/m9c0409 Note that
the LPRng backend isn't installed on this server...I am only testing samba.

When I go to add a printer in Windows 7 (after configuring appropriate
drivers, permissions, etc), I get an error: "Windows cannot connect to
the printer. Operation failed with error 0x000006f7"

The operation succeeds when I try the same procedure on Windows XP.

What setting am I missing? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Justin