From: Andreas Heinlein on
Daniel Müller schrieb:
> Hello,
> when i have read wright. You joined an ubuntu samba pc to your samba
> domain!
> testparm gives you: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER?
Correct.
> First of all your domain member must have exactly the same users and
> passwords as your pdc/ldap.
> You can do that with installing ldapclient. Configure it with
> ldapserver: your pdc/ldap.
> Now getent passwd and getend group should show you all your
> users/groups kept on you pdc/ldap.
I did that using libpam-ldap/libnsswitch-ldap. getent group/passwd
returns what you say, and user authentication on the UNIX side works well.
> If you succed with this. You need in your smb.conf:
> security=DOMAIN
> password server=YOUR-PDC-LDAP
I have password server = *, but explicitly setting the PDC changes nothing.
> For me I had to copy my ladp config section from my smb.conf on my PDC
> here:
> ldap....
> idmap backend=ldap:ldap://YOUR-PDC-LDAP
> idmap uid...
> idmap gid....

I do not currently have the idmap... things, since I thought I do not
need them. I tried, and it changed nothing. "pdbedit -L" still returns
"SID ... does not belong to our domain". What does it return on your
machine?

Bye,
Andreas

Daniel Müller schrieb:
> Hello,
> with pdbedit -L on my MemberServer (Samba) I could not list the domain
> users and groups!
> With pdbedit -L it is only working on my PDC(Samba)
I assume then this is - at least at the moment - "normal" behaviour of
pdbedit. Perhaps someone else on this list can tell me if this is going
to change or has already changed e.g. with Samba 4.
> Try getent passwd and getent group instead. If there show up your
> users and groups.
> try example: touch test.txt and then chown
> yourdomainuser:thisuserdomaingroup.
> If this function you can test next: Make a share on your
> SambaMemberServer. Give the rights to a user
> only known in your SambaDomain (no local user!!!!) . Try to connect
> the share as this user.
> If this is working you got it.
I already did that, and it works. That's not the point I'm asking for.
As I wrote in my first post, I want to use a GUI for creating samba
shares that relies on the output of pdbedit -L for listing users which
are allowed/denied access. If pdbedit -L does not work, I will either
have to write my own "pdbedit" which wil mimic the expected output by
calling ldapsearch and formatting the output like pdbedit does. Or I
will have to find another suitable GUI.

Thank you for your help,
Andreas