From: Todd E Thomas on
I have 2 user groups accessing documents in /export/docs: staff and exec.

I need to give users in the group 'staff' the ability to create folders
and documents in /export/docs.

On creation of (either) folders or documents in /export/docs, all items
should be owned by their respective creators AND users in the 'exec'
group; thus:

# ll /export/docs/
-rwxrwxr-- user1 exec 0 Apr 3 17:36 asdf.txt

Again, user1 is a member of the group 'staff' but when creating files
and folders in the docs directory they belong to owner/exec/other.

Additionally, only the respective owner of the files and anyone in exec
should be able to read/write, but permissions for 'other' should be
read-only.
---

I used force group in the docs share from the smb.conf man page but I
must have done something wrong. I seem to be dancing around my target
without hitting it. I'm ok on the permissions, just not sure about the
group part of it.

What is the proper way to accomplish this?

--
Thanks for the assist,

Todd E Thomas
C: 515.778.6913
"It's a frail music knits the world together."
-Robert Dana