From: Thijs van der Kraan on

The parameters 'force create mode' and 'force directory mode' have no effect when the option 'unix extensions' is active. The documentation does not report any interaction between the unix extensions and the forced modes, so I'm assuming it's a bug.I'd like to know if it is a known bug ?Has it been solved, if so in which version ?
My server runs Debian lenny, 2.6.26-2-amd64
dpkg -l |grep smbii libsmbclient 2:3.2.5-4lenny12 shared library that allows applications to talk to SMB/CIFS seii libsmbios2 2.0.3.dfsg-1 Provide access to (SM)BIOS information -- dynamic libraryii smbclient 2:3.2.5-4lenny12 a LanManager-like simple client for Unixii smbfs 2:3.2.5-4lenny12 mount and umount commands for the smbfs (for kernels >= than 2
My client run Ubuntu Lucid, 2.6.32-24-genericpkg -l |grep smbii libsmbclient 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 shared library for communication with SMB/CIii python-smbc 1.0.6-0ubuntu3 Python bindings for Samba clients (libsmbcliii smbclient 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 command-line SMB/CIFS clients for Unixii smbfs 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3 Samba file system utilities