From: Gaiseric Vandal on
The Samba How-To Documentation is very out of date- at least for the
section on Interdomain trusts (Apr 2003, doesn't mention anything beyond
Windows 2000.)

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/InterdomainTrusts
..html

The change notes also stop at that samba 3.0.x series

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ChangeNotes.html

I have a Samba Domain (3.0.x PDC, 3.4.x BDC), Windows 2003 domain (mixed
mode) and a Windows 2008 domain (2003 compatible mode) . I have trusts
between the samba and 2003 domain (access to shares on the samba 3.4.x
server is more reliable than the 3.0.x one.) I can't get trusts working
between samba a 2008.

I have not raised the forest/domain level on 2003 to "2003 native" mode -
this would prohibit NT4 BDC's in the domain (which I don't need) and so I
had presumed that it would have also disabled the ability of 2003 to have
trusts with NT4 domains (which I was apparently mistaken.) I actually
need to raise the 2003 domain/forest level to "2003 native" mode to resolve
a trust-related issue between 2003 and 2008 (specifically letting me add
users in the 2003 domain to the 2008 exchange server.)

So my questions -
Is there official updated documention on domain trusts?
Has any one established interdomain trusts between Samba 3 and Win 2003
in native mode without using kerberos on the samba side?
Has any one established interdomain trusts between Samba 3 and Win 2008
in native mode without using kerberos on the samba side?

Thanks