From: D B on
I have this warning when I mount MS Windows shares, tunneling SMB over SSH in order to create a VPN-like shares management. Here the steps:

# ssh -2 -N -L 445:shares_server:445 user(a)shares_server

And after creating the port forwarding:

# smbmount //share_server_netbios_name/share_directory /mnt/Samba -o username=user%pass,ip=127.0.0.1

On the shares_server runs a MS Windows XP Professional, with Cygwin installed for sshd emulating. I disable NetBios over TCP/IP because of well-known security flaws. Although the warning, the mounted resources are OK. I used also Ethereal for analyzing packets and nothing seems wrong... So, I want to ask you how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
With best regard,
David