From: Mr. P on
I'm running into a some problems trying to manage domain accounts via Samba.

Running samba v3.0.33 (solaris). Using "security = domain". PDC is Windows
Server 2003.

1. I can add an account using "net rpc user add", but the -C option does not
work. When I do a "net rpc user -l", the comment field is blank. -C seems to
work for "net rpc group add".

2. The domain account created is disabled, as I see NT_STATUS_ACCOUNT_DISABLED
when trying to connect with a new account.

3. I see some documentation to use "smbpasswd -e" to enable the account. If I
try "smbpasswd -e -r [PDC] zzz " I get "Failed to find user zzz in passdb
backend. I don't have a "passdb backend" entry.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks