From: Daniel R. Gore on
Because of the extremely restrictive security environment we work under,
our Windows Admins have disabled the administrator account on our Domain
and created a new account with administrator rights. The result is that
the common RID of 500 which maps to the Linux UID and GID of 500 is no
longer valid. This means that when the Windows Domain controller, via
the Domain Administrator (which has another name and RID) tries to make
an account on the samba share where the profiles are intended for, it
fails because Samba expects this to come from the well known RID of
500.

Is there any way to specify in Samba what RID number to expect and use
for Domain Administration management?

Thanks.

Dan