From: Matt Delves on
Hey folks,
I've got a server setup that uses samba to join to the Windows 2k3
Active Directory. I've also created a shared folder on that server.

The problem I'm experiencing is that I'm unable to authenticate to the
share and thus browse it.

The smb.conf file is:
==
[global]
workgroup = <domain>
server string = Samba Server Version %v
security = ads
local master = no
preferred master = no
load printers = yes
cups options = raw
idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
template shell = /bin/bash
winbind use default domain = yes
password server = <AD Servers>
realm = <Kerberos Realm>
winbind nested groups = yes

[rpms]
Comment = SLES 10 RPMs
path = /srv/www/htdocs/sles
read only = No
force group = bob
force user = bob
create mask = 0664
==

As far as the basics, the server is joined successfully to the domain
and I can browse to it from a windows box. I know that winbind is
functioning as I can login (via local or ssh) using my Active Directory
username and password.

Any help in identifying problems with this configuration would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt Delves