From: murat can tuna on

Hi all,

I have an ubuntu server 9.10 and a fedora. I have configured smb.confs such that fedora or any other computer is gonna reach /home of ubuntu server.

But the problem is i can not see samba users that i have created on ubuntu I mean fedora can not find or reach or resolve samba users that I have created on ubuntu but only uid numbers.

I have mounted /home directory of ubuntu from fedora without any problem I can ping ubuntu or vice versa even this command works "smbclient -L <ipofubuntu> -Umuratcantuna"
or I can logon as "smbclient //<ipofubuntu>/username" but the permissions that I have made don't work, every user can write to every directory even if it doesn't belong them.

Here is my two smb.conf files, do you have any idea what is the reason?

fedora:
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[Profiles]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_BDC

[global]
server string = Samba Server Version %v
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd "%u" -n -g users
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd "%g"
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u" "%g"
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -c "Workstation (%u)" -M -d /nohome -s /bin/false "%u"
logon path = \\%L\%u
domain logons = Yes
domain master = No
cups options = raw

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
path = /mnt/home3
read only = No
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
browseable = No
browsable = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No
browsable = No

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /mnt/home3
guest ok = Yes

[Profiles]
path = /mnt/home3
guest ok = Yes
browseable = No
browsable = No

ubuntu:
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[profiles]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC

[global]
server string = parkplatz
interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8, eth0
bind interfaces only = Yes
map to guest = Bad User
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser --quiet --disabled-password --gecos "" %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/addgroup --force-badname %g
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c "%u machine account" -d /var/lib/samba -s /bin/false %u
logon path = \\%N\%U## logon path = /home/%u
logon drive = H:
domain logons = Yes
usershare allow guests = Yes
idmap uid = 1000-200000