From: Mike Eklund on
We have an install with sambe 3.0.10 (RHEL 4.3) server and clients. Server is security=ADS , and recently we had to set restrict workstation login in our windows domain. On linux clients (joined to domain) we are having issues with smbmount giving NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION errors, but smbclient does not have this error. Debug dumps show smbmount logging is as [DOMAIN]/[USER]@[0.0.0.0], where smbclient is logging in as [DOMAIN]/[USER]@[MACHINENAME]. Even if I use -o netbiosname=MACHINENAME, smbmount is still passing the IP address instead.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Mike