From: Marc Patermann on
Hi,

the job is to help three (more or less) loosely connected organizations
work together. It is about around 300 people in total.

Most of the users are on XP workstations. Few use linux. Die three
organizations use three independent domains.
We have a ldap server for our users mostly for email at which we can
bind i.e. with the emailaddress. There are not posix attributes
available in the DIT at the moment.

There shall be a place to share documents now.
Is this a job for samba here? [We tried WebDAV for another project and
there is definitely a lack of usable clients for windows.]
I don't want to provide more services than a document share and keep it
as simple as is.
Thereby must not be a new place to manage user date like passwords etc.

Is there an simple way to achieve this? [Define 3 winbind backends via
nss_switch?]

Thanks!

Marc