From: Mike Leone on
Well, after much gnashing of teeth, and rough words, I was finally able
to get it to work. I have successfully re-joined it to the domain.

turgon(a)workhorse:~$ wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

turgon(a)workhorse:~$ sudo net ads testjoin
Join is OK

and checking from another Linux machine running Samba is able to list
and connect to shares:

turgon(a)turgon-laptop:~/.gnupg$ smbclient -L workhorse
Enter turgon's password:
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.0]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
print$ Disk Printer Drivers
OldHome Disk The Old Home Folder
Photos Disk
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (workhorse server (Samba 3.4.0,
Domain: DACRIB, Server: workhorse - NT1))
Domain=[DACRIB] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.4.0]

Server Comment
WORKHORSE workhorse server (Samba 3.4.0, Domain: , Server:

Workgroup Master
DACRIB

So I'm working now. Hopefully, I won't break it again. :-)

Thanks