From: Marcus Wanielik on
Hi everybody,

After joining a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain the commands to add
local Users and Groups to the Linux machine are very slow. It took up to
10 minutes to add a User or a Group. OS is CentOS 5.4 (Samba Version
3.0.33-3.15). Everything else works without problems.

I assume the reason is that our Active Directory Domain is very huge
(about 30.000 Users) but I haven't found anything about this with
Google. The Log shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Anybody who has / had a similar issue?

Best regards,
Marcus