From: Brajesh Shrivastava on
I have specified path for 'username map' in smb.conf. I have a single
entry in smb.conf:

brajesh_01:~ # cat $mapfile
root = SFSDEV\administrator
brajesh_01:~ #

I have a share 'share1' on file system fs1 which is exported to the
Windows users. When I create a folder 'check1' inside the share share1,
then user and group permission is properly assigned to the mapped user
'root' as expected. Please see here:

brajesh_01:~ # ls -l /vx/fs2/
total 0
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 root root 96 2010-01-14 06:55 check1
brajesh_01:~ #

If I delete the mapping and create another folder 'check2' then
permission is still being assigned to the earlier mapped user 'root'
even after reloading the smb.conf.

brajesh_01:~ # cat $mapfile <--No entry in the map file now
brajesh_01:~ # /etc/init.d/smb reload
Reloading Samba SMB daemon done
brajesh_01:~ #
brajesh_01:~ # ls -l /vx/fs2/
total 0
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 root root 96 2010-01-14 06:55 check1
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 root root 96 2010-01-14 06:56 check2
brajesh_01:~ #

I know, if I restart the Samba then everything will work fine. But, I
don't want to restart the samba, because it may terminate the IO on
another share. Is there any workaround to come out with this problem
without restarting the samba daemon. I am using Samba 3.2.11 on Suse
linux. Please, help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks