From: Francis Guslinski on
Use:

[homes]
path=/home
read only=no

Then set ACL permissions in \\server on the share.

The user home directory you set in tool Active Directory Users and Groups
from administration tools pack.

Here works fine in my tests.

2010/8/3 Daniel Müller <mueller(a)tropenklinik.de>

> Dear all,
>

> I tried to configure home directories in my samb4 conf.
> I set in my globals:
>
> template homedir = /home/%WORKGROUP%/%ACCOUNTNAME%
> template shell= /bin/bash
>
> I added the directory for administrator manually :
> /home/MYWORKGROUP/administrator
>
> Did an entry in smb.conf:
>
> [homes]
> path=%H
> read only=no
>
> This did not work, smbclient gave me:
>
> [root(a)node1 etc]# smbclient //localhost/homes -Uadministrator
> Password for [TUEBINGEN\administrator]:
> Connection to \\localhost\homes failed - NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
>
> Even when I set [home]
> path=/home/MYWORKGROUP/%U
> read only=no
> It is the same result.
>
> Any idea to make this work?
>
> Daniel
>

> EDV Daniel Müller
>
> Leitung EDV
> Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
> Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
> 72076 Tübingen
> Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
> eMail: mueller(a)tropenklinik.de
> Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

Hi,

it worked on the fly. Just another way than on samba3.
What about other shares example for groups. Is writelist
Still alive in samba4?!!!