From: Christophe Deze on

Hello
I had the same problem during my test of samba.
I disabled complexity requierement ...
I can't change password with a simple one.

I miss something ?

thanks

Le 14/04/2010 14:31, Santiago Perez Agra a écrit :

> Hi every one, I'm testing Samba4 with the guide posted on the wiki
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_1:_Download_Samba4, all
> our tests results ok but one of them crash:
>
> Group Policy works ok on a new organizational unit in deploy security task
> over desktop users but when i create a new user over this ou, with the
> dsa.msc group policy> Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security
> Settings> Account Policies> Password Policy> Password must need
> complexity requirement set as "Not defined" but when dsa.msc asks you about
> the new password of the user it answer that you need to meet this
> restrictions, this can be avoid with the linux samba command net newuser
> ... but what does happen when a user is asked about to change your password
> because password age is next to expire ...
>
> Our goal is to replace all windows XP desktops to ubuntu desktops but we
> have a number of desktops that is not possible to change XP so we need to
> implement an AD alternative and Samba 4 is perfect, with group policy
> support now.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance to all of you

Hi,

I am not sure if this a bug or a feature with Samba, but what is
happening here is the LDAP server has the complexities in LDAP, and
changing the Group Policy doesn't seem to have any impact (at least I
wasn't able to fix it). I ended up having to manually edit the LDAP
server.

Sadly I can't remeber how I modified ldap now. It was months ago.
Probably it would be easier to do modify the python script at install time.

--Andrew

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 08:42 +0200, Christophe Deze wrote:
> Hello
> I had the same problem during my test of samba.
> I disabled complexity requierement ...
> I can't change password with a simple one.
>

> I miss something ?

Samba does not honour group policy itself (it just hosts it for Windows
clients to apply locally. See the 'net pwsettings' command for the way
to change these settings in the Samba4 domain until this functionality
is extended.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/