From: Tim O'Malley on
I am creating a basic Intranet Portal on MOSS 2007 and am at the point
where I am creating an SSP. I am just using the defaults and I get
this warning:

---
SSP administration site and My Sites on same Web Application

We recommend using different Web Applicationst ohost the SSP
administration and My Sites, so that you can backup and restore My
Sites independently.
---

What does this mean? Do I need to be concerned? What's the typical
configuration one would use instead?

Thanks,

Tim

From: RP on
Its an administrative decision. If you are creating SSP in production
environment, then recommended approach is to keep separate sites for
SSP and My Sites.

In development, it does not matter.

Also, please look for documentation on SSP & My Sites in Microsoft
Technet Web site, this will help to judge the right ways.

Hth,
RP