From: jhorak101 on
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always
defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change
it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change
the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on
this would be appreciated.
--
James M. Horak
P.O. Box 2167

From: glee on
"jhorak101" <james.horak(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog
>always
> defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to
> change
> it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to
> change
> the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some
> feedback on
> this would be appreciated.

Try this:
Open the Save As dialog, use the View menu to select Details, click the
Name header to sort by name, then hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard
while you click the X in the upper right corner of the dialog box, to
close it.

Now open the Save As dialog and see if there is any change. It may not
default to Details, but this may get it out of Thumbnail and back to the
Windows default of List.

If that does not help, try the exact same procedure but in a Windows
Explorer window rather than in the Save As dialog box.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

Pages: 1
Prev: Where are the hi-speed USB Hubs?
Next: Users50