From: Slim on
I have a problem in our office. For the most part Excel works fine. We can
open files and save them as long as we dont use the 'Save As' feature and try
to save it to a Network Drive. Files can be saved locally then have to be
copied to the Network Share.

Of course my first reaction was 'Permissions Issue'. BUt each user has full
access to the folder. They can right click and create a new Excel file and
rename it. BUt if they open that same file then try to 'Save As' back to the
same folder Excel hangs. Using the 'Save' feature works just fine.

I have scoured the Internet trying to find a solution. People have said try
doing this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165/

908531 is NOT installed and when trying to install it says the Service Pack
is already installed.

A netowrk consultant is recomending a server re-install or purchasing new
PC's. Neither solution guarantees a solution other than lining his pockets
with fees.

Someone help!