From: Krister_L on
On 4 Dec, 23:16, That70sTick <r...(a)liquidschwarz.com> wrote:
> I just wrote a macro that brings drawing BOM into Excel. It is
> actually in Excel, and reaches out to SW to pull in BOM to active
> worksheet. From there you can copy-and-paste Excel cells. Interested?

I have a macro like that, didit already before the new SW bom...but
now I go via csv. I have a lot of articel number with leading zeros
and I need to format the cell in that column before I put in the bom-
contents. So what I do now is to save the SW bom into a csv file in a
predestinated folder, then open excel and hit "ctrl+t". The excel
macro will now open the csv, set the rules for import and then start
the old bom-macro wich will hide som columns, change font size for
head line, set column width for all columns, fill in header and footer
change from portrait to landscape and finally open up the save as
window in the main catalouge where I wanna have it.

If I recall it right, the leading zeros was the reason for going via
csv, Now the excel macro set the ruels when importing the csv, so the
cells in that specific column is changed to text. The only manual work
I have to do after this is to fill in correct drawing no in the header
and description in the footer (fonts and leading text is already
filled in from the macro) and then save it as a pdf for the machine
manual.

This is not really my field of work, so it was some struggeling before
I got it working, but now I'm really satisfied with it. The only thing
is that I have to play around with the cursor when I'm saving as *.csv
because the default type is set to bomtemplate.

If Your macro can do this and still have the leading zeros in at least
one of 5 columns I'm interested.

Kind regards // Krister
From: Zander on
On Dec 5, 12:07 am, Krister_L <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Dec, 23:16, That70sTick <r...(a)liquidschwarz.com> wrote:
>
> > I just wrote a macro that brings drawing BOM into Excel. It is
> > actually in Excel, and reaches out to SW to pull in BOM to active
> > worksheet. From there you can copy-and-paste Excel cells. Interested?
>
> I have a macro like that, didit already before the new SW bom...but
> now I go via csv. I have a lot of articel number with leading zeros
> and I need to format the cell in that column before I put in the bom-
> contents. So what I do now is to save the SW bom into a csv file in a
> predestinated folder, then open excel and hit "ctrl+t". The excel
> macro will now open the csv, set the rules for import and then start
> the old bom-macro wich will hide som columns, change font size for
> head line, set column width for all columns, fill in header and footer
> change from portrait to landscape and finally open up the save as
> window in the main catalouge where I wanna have it.
>
> If I recall it right, the leading zeros was the reason for going via
> csv, Now the excel macro set the ruels when importing the csv, so the
> cells in that specific column is changed to text. The only manual work
> I have to do after this is to fill in correct drawing no in the header
> and description in the footer (fonts and leading text is already
> filled in from the macro) and then save it as a pdf for the machine
> manual.
>
> This is not really my field of work, so it was some struggeling before
> I got it working, but now I'm really satisfied with it. The only thing
> is that I have to play around with the cursor when I'm saving as *.csv
> because the default type is set to bomtemplate.
>
> If Your macro can do this and still have the leading zeros in at least
> one of 5 columns I'm interested.
>
> Kind regards // Krister

You can save as .xls directly as well - as of 2007 I think....?
From: Krister_L on
On 6 Dec, 08:34, Zander <bkan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 12:07 am, Krister_L <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 4 Dec, 23:16, That70sTick <r...(a)liquidschwarz.com> wrote:
>
> > > I just wrote a macro that brings drawing BOM into Excel. It is
> > > actually in Excel, and reaches out to SW to pull in BOM to active
> > > worksheet. From there you can copy-and-paste Excel cells. Interested?
>
> > I have a macro like that, didit already before the new SW bom...but
> > now I go via csv. I have a lot of articel number with leading zeros
> > and I need to format the cell in that column before I put in the bom-
> > contents. So what I do now is to save the SW bom into a csv file in a
> > predestinated folder, then open excel and hit "ctrl+t". The excel
> > macro will now open the csv, set the rules for import and then start
> > the old bom-macro wich will hide som columns, change font size for
> > head line, set column width for all columns, fill in header and footer
> > change from portrait to landscape and finally open up the save as
> > window in the main catalouge where I wanna have it.
>
> > If I recall it right, the leading zeros was the reason for going via
> > csv, Now the excel macro set the ruels when importing the csv, so the
> > cells in that specific column is changed to text. The only manual work
> > I have to do after this is to fill in correct drawing no in the header
> > and description in the footer (fonts and leading text is already
> > filled in from the macro) and then save it as a pdf for the machine
> > manual.
>
> > This is not really my field of work, so it was some struggeling before
> > I got it working, but now I'm really satisfied with it. The only thing
> > is that I have to play around with the cursor when I'm saving as *.csv
> > because the default type is set to bomtemplate.
>
> > If Your macro can do this and still have the leading zeros in at least
> > one of 5 columns I'm interested.
>
> > Kind regards // Krister
>
> You can save as .xls directly as well - as of 2007 I think....?- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

Yes I now, but as I said earlier, I found no way to automatically
bring in the art.no's with leading zeros when going straight to xls.

// Krister