From: Homer J Simpson on

"dgk" <NoWhere(a)MailsAnonymous.com> wrote in message

> That was clever but it doesn't work; all I get is a white screen. I
> then tried getting rid of the panel and using the form, but I get the
> whole form with a big white space where the webbrowser is. I guess
> that's why I was having so much trouble doing it straight; the
> webbrowser image is sort of outside the scope of the project.
>
> It appears that this is not going to be trivial. Any other ideas?

You are trying to simulate <CTRL>-<PRINT SCREEN> or <PRINT SCREEN> ??

From: dgk on
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:25:37 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
<nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

>"dgk" <NoWhere(a)MailsAnonymous.com> wrote in message
>
>> That was clever but it doesn't work; all I get is a white screen. I
>> then tried getting rid of the panel and using the form, but I get the
>> whole form with a big white space where the webbrowser is. I guess
>> that's why I was having so much trouble doing it straight; the
>> webbrowser image is sort of outside the scope of the project.
>>
>> It appears that this is not going to be trivial. Any other ideas?
>
>You are trying to simulate <CTRL>-<PRINT SCREEN> or <PRINT SCREEN> ??

Basically, except that I only want the browser window. My app has the
user go online to a site, and they should be able to capture images of
what they've done as part of the documentation of the process. These
are sites that I have no control over.

I'm thinking that I might need to figure out Bitblt and I've been
poking around at pinvoke.net
(http://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx/gdi32.BitBlt) but haven't managed
to make it work yet. It doesn't blow up, it just doesn't work.

I also tried grabbing the webbrowser documenttext and just setting it
when I want to recreate the image but that doesn't include any images
in the page. Then I tried just saving the whole document into an
htmldocument object - I had high hopes for this, but
WebBrowser.Document is readonly.

I know it can be done. Snagit does it, printscreen does it without any
granularity, so I can do it. I just need to figure out how to write a
function that takes a webbrowser as a parameter and returns a bitmap.
That sounds easy. I figured that it would take ten minutes and I've
been working on it on and off for three weeks.

From: Homer J Simpson on

> I know it can be done. Snagit does it, printscreen does it without any
> granularity, so I can do it. I just need to figure out how to write a
> function that takes a webbrowser as a parameter and returns a bitmap.
> That sounds easy. I figured that it would take ten minutes and I've
> been working on it on and off for three weeks.

Have you looked at something like "Programming Windows with C#" by Charles
Petzold or one of his similar books? Maybe even one for Win95/98 etc? I
suspect you MAY be in that territory.

From: Ken Tucker [MVP] on
Hi,

I tested it with the msdn home page and it worked. I did not try
this with a flash site so I do not know how this will work with flash. Are
you sure the document completed loading before you got the bitmap. The
webbrowser has a documentcompleted event you should get the image then.

Ken

From: Ken Tucker [MVP] on
Hi,

Did you try saving the documentstream?