From: alljam on
Hello,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to save an Excel file as a Word
document? If so, how would I do that?

When doing a save as, the drop down menu doesn't give me that option.

Thanks for any help!

From: JLatham on
You cannot directly save an Excel file as a Word file.

What you can try is saving the Excel file as a .txt (text) file and then
open that file with Word and if it's usable/readable, save it as a .doc file
at that point.

Note that both .txt and .csv files can be opened with Word or Notepad or any
program capable of reading an ASCII text file.

From: Bill Sharpe on
alljam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to save an Excel file as a Word
> document? If so, how would I do that?
>
> When doing a save as, the drop down menu doesn't give me that option.
>
> Thanks for any help!

You can copy a spreadsheet range, then paste into a Word document in a
number of different formats, including an embedded worksheet object. Use
paste special in Word.

Bill
From: alljam on
thanks JLatham,