From: Bikertex on
Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
System: Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
2007

Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in. No option
on Add-In menu to use the app.

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:07:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
>System: Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
>2007
>
>Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in. No option
>on Add-In menu to use the app.
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
file is located.
--ron
From: Bikertex on
Hi Ron -- Thank you. I tried that and am getting the same result; no
megastat. ;-(

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:24:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Ron -- Thank you. I tried that and am getting the same result; no
>megastat. ;-(
>
>"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:07:01 -0800, Bikertex
>> <Bikertex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
>> >System: Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
>> >2007
>> >
>> >Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in. No option
>> >on Add-In menu to use the app.
>> >
>> >Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
>> file is located.
>> --ron
>> .

The directions seem fairly straightforward, although I have not used Megastat
or the OS variation that you are using.

So let me ask a few questions that should enable us to determine where the
problem is.

1. What is the path of the folder in which you unzipped (extracted) the
Megastat files?

2. In that folder, is there a file named Megastat.xla? (and also
Megastat.hlp).

3. In Excel 2007, after you clicked the
Office button
Excel Options
Add-ins

the next step is down at the bottom of the page. There is a dropdown
box labeled
Manage: fill with with "Excel Add-ins"
then <Go>

That should open a dialog box, with a list of add-ins and a button on the left
side entitled "Browse".

After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
what do you see?
--ron
From: Bikertex on
I thought it was straightforward too, but just cannot figure out where I went
wrong. Here's the answers to your questions:

1. What is the path of the folder in which you unzipped (extracted) the
Megastat files? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Library

2. In that folder, is there a file named Megastat.xla? (and also
Megastat.hlp). Yes to both.

3. In Excel 2007, after you clicked the
Office button
Excel Options
Add-ins

the next step is down at the bottom of the page. There is a dropdown
box labeled
Manage: fill with with "Excel Add-ins"
then <Go>

That should open a dialog box, with a list of add-ins and a button on the left
side entitled "Browse".

After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
what do you see? Can select from the following files: HTML.XLAM,
MegaStat2007.xla, RDBQAT.XLAM (downloaded to force the add'-ins tab in the
hopes that would help.)

Thanks so much for your help.
..