From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:58:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
>what do you see? Can select from the following files: HTML.XLAM,
>MegaStat2007.xla, RDBQAT.XLAM (downloaded to force the add'-ins tab in the
>hopes that would help.)

What happens when you select MegaStat2007.xla and then select <OK>?

Megastat.xla should appear in the add-ins dialog box, and you should be able to
select it (check it) and hit <OK> to close the Add-ins dialog box.
--ron
From: Bikertex on
Unfortunately, that's the problem. When I select it and click oK, nothing
changes. NOthing appears on add-ins for megastat. I've tried selecting it
and restarting Excel, restarting Windows -- same thing.

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:31:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, that's the problem. When I select it and click oK, nothing
>changes. NOthing appears on add-ins for megastat.

Do you mean nothing appears in the manage add-ins dialog box? Or nothing
appears on the Add-ins Ribbon Tab? If the former, I'd wonder about a problem
with your Excel installation.

>I've tried selecting it
>and restarting Excel, restarting Windows -- same thing.

Here's what I did and it worked fine.

1. Downloaded Megastat 9.1 from
http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html and installed it according to
their instructions in Excel 2007.

2. I noted that Megastat appeared on the Add-In Ribbon tab and all the
functions were accessible.

3. Downloaded and installed the Megastat 2007 upgrade from
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0072983965/418039/MegaStatExcel2007Installer.exe

4. When I restarted Excel, I got an error message that it could not find
Megastat.xla (this is to be expected). I navigated to the Excel
Options/Add-in/Manage page and allowed Excel to delete it. Then I "Browsed" to
the MS Office folder; selected megastat2007.xla and everything seems to work
fine. It is located on the Add-ins Ribbon tab. It's only as single, small
entry, so maybe you missed it.
--ron
From: Bikertex on
Thanks so much for all your efforts. I've tried the install both from 9.1
with upgrade and straight from 10.1 and no luck. Although the add-in shows
in the Excel Options/Add-ins and I've tried browsing to it, no option for
megastat ever shows in the add-in menu. I've checked and rechecked and
didn't miss it. Thanks again.

From: "Bernie Deitrick" deitbe on
From Ron's first link:

>> http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html

"If you are using a Mac, please contact McGraw-Hill directly. We are not
aware of a Mac version for MegaStat."

Bernie