From: Dee Sperling on
I have a macro that asks the user for their name and email address during
execution.

How can I save this information so that they don't have to reenter it every
time they run the macro on a new spreadsheet? There's no point in saving it
to the current spreadsheet, as every time they run the macro, it's on a new
spreadsheet.

Can I store the information to PERSONAL.XLS, then automatically save
PERSONAL.XLS so they don't get prompted when closing Excel, and then go get
their hat information the next time they run the macro on a new spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Dee

From: Dave Peterson on
I don't think you should be touching their personal.xls. In fact, if you tried
it with my personal.xls, you'd have to add some more code (mine is marked
read-only in windows explorer).

And since it's my personal workbook, I update it with changes and it may break
your code.

You could save the data in a plain old text file (*.txt or *.ini) or you could
save the data in the user's registry.

Take a look at SaveSetting and GetSetting in VBA's help for sample code.

--

Dave Peterson