From: brickman on
I have a few things under Scheduled Tasks that apparently never do run. Is
there anything that I should have scheduled in there on a regular basis? If
so, can someone tell me which programs?
Do I have to schedule my Avast , MBAM, Spybot in there, or they run by
themselves? I did schedule Avast a few minutes ago but it did not go on.

Thank you for any help.
From: Jim on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:11:01 -0700, brickman
<brickman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a few things under Scheduled Tasks that apparently never do run. Is
>there anything that I should have scheduled in there on a regular basis? If
>so, can someone tell me which programs?
>Do I have to schedule my Avast , MBAM, Spybot in there, or they run by
>themselves? I did schedule Avast a few minutes ago but it did not go on.
>
>Thank you for any help.

Did you use a password for the schedule to run ?
From: Rick Merrill on
Jim wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:11:01 -0700, brickman
> <brickman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>> I have a few things under Scheduled Tasks that apparently never do run. Is
>> there anything that I should have scheduled in there on a regular basis? If
>> so, can someone tell me which programs?
>> Do I have to schedule my Avast , MBAM, Spybot in there, or they run by
>> themselves? I did schedule Avast a few minutes ago but it did not go on.
>>
>> Thank you for any help.
>
> Did you use a password for the schedule to run ?

I've made that err!

Usually Avast, etc schedule themselves and that should be visible in the
scheduled tasks.
From: Patrick Keenan on

"brickman" <brickman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a few things under Scheduled Tasks that apparently never do run. Is
> there anything that I should have scheduled in there on a regular basis?
> If
> so, can someone tell me which programs?
> Do I have to schedule my Avast , MBAM, Spybot in there, or they run by
> themselves? I did schedule Avast a few minutes ago but it did not go on.
>
> Thank you for any help.

You don't have a password on your user account, do you?

The Task Scheduler, by default and for security reasons, will not run tasks
on local accounts without passwords. It just quietly fails.

Add the password to your account - for this purpose, it doesn't matter what
it is as long as it's not blank - and to the task.

HTH
-pk

From: brickman on
Yes, I do have a password to log in. I was thinking of removing it anyways,
so let me go ahead and delete it. I shall post what happens...Thank you!

"Patrick Keenan" wrote:

> "brickman" <brickman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a few things under Scheduled Tasks that apparently never do run. Is
> > there anything that I should have scheduled in there on a regular basis?
> > If
> > so, can someone tell me which programs?
> > Do I have to schedule my Avast , MBAM, Spybot in there, or they run by
> > themselves? I did schedule Avast a few minutes ago but it did not go on.
> >
> > Thank you for any help.
>
> You don't have a password on your user account, do you?
>
> The Task Scheduler, by default and for security reasons, will not run tasks
> on local accounts without passwords. It just quietly fails.
>
> Add the password to your account - for this purpose, it doesn't matter what
> it is as long as it's not blank - and to the task.
>
> HTH
> -pk
>
> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last